May 01, 2011

big cartel design, html and css: belle vintage

what i did ♥
Widened the product images area, enlarged the images, created equal gaps between products, removed all traces of a sidebar, Moved the categories to a horizontal menu beneath the header, created a colour block menu above the header, changed font throughout the site, moved and customised the view cart and checkout feature, moved and customised search box, created a footer link menu, ensured everything was working throughout Belle Vintage by thoroughly testing categories, individual pages, product pages, the cart, checkout and administration for Ella.

 
After

Before

what Ella said ♥
"Although I was content with the web design of my vintage online shop, I felt that there was certainly room for improvement and knew it would be an investment for my shop. Everyone has an image in their mind of exactly how they'd like their blog or website to be. I knew that in order for my website to be just as I wanted it to be I'd need some help. I knew Abby had completed some brilliant blog design work in the past but was unsure whether she would be able to help with my website as it required something different from blog design. When I contacted Abby she was seemed really positive and enthusiastic about helping me out. I sent her bits and pieces of other websites to show the features I wanted on my website and guided her with some lose descriptions. I was dead impressed that Abby managed to get the website looking exactly how I wanted it to be through just a few emails and pictures. I have already have lots of positive feedback about the new design and am in little doubt that Abby's wonderful design will help to improve the future of my shop."

No comments:

Post a Comment